Re: rock videos

> So, I'm thinking if early seventies Led Zeppelin is okay for THE ROCK SHOW,
> then The Who oughta be, too.  It wouldn't be that hard to put together a
> video collage and edit it for a contemporary effect.  The Manchester mp3 is
> too long for this kind of video, though--they ran maybe three to five
> minutes.  What would make good footage for a rock video?  Isle of Wight
> excerpts?  Pontiac Join Together/Roadrunner/My Generation (my personal
> favorite)?  Something else?

I don't really care for those "pieces / parts" videos.  The Doors have made some
of these.  It's usually a studio version song with live shots & other video footage.
Now, I didn't see the show you're talking about above (I'm still resisting getting
basic cable) but the ones I *have* seen awkwardly try to synch up vocal video
footage with the vocals on whatever song they're using, & it ends up looking goofy.

- SCHRADE in Akron