Re: rock videos

>I do.  But, it also would depend on how energetic the boys *look*
on the vid. Realistically it would be a song like BO'R, or WGFA.  Ideally it
would have a ton of windmills, a flurry of an ending, with Pete kicking over
a mike or a monitor at completion. The anger and disdain must still show.

I caught Aerosmith's new video later on.  Seems like they do an excellent
job in straddling the line between radio formats--I hear them on the classic
rock station and on newer formats both.  The video is to promote their
latest album, JADED (?) and it's the arty, made for TV kind.  They've got a
pretty girl to focus on and some curious grotesquerie--women in what looks
to be No mask makeup and Chinese acrobats in fishnet stockings and black
bustiers.  A goth slant?

It's pretty ho-hum compared to Santana's lively SUPERNATURAL videos, and I
wouldn't think it would do well, but I suspect I'm a little off the standard
goth taste.  The most interesting detail is that I can't identify how old
the band is.  The video has that golden wash over it that Pete got for his
Storytellers show, and I'd swear Aerosmith are all in their thirties, even
Tyler, who gets lots of facetime.

Did that little video of CIRCLES a while back have a goth slant?  Is that
what I'm picking up here?  Very depressive stuff.

keets