Drum drum drum doo-ray

> anyone would have taken criticism...I am not sayin at all kenney was like
> keith..Kenney had a different style of drumming. Kenney did not lead as
much.

Scott:

It's more than that. Listen to Jones on the Small Faces material, and you
can see why he might have been considered a good choice by Pete. Too bad he
didn't play like that for The Who, huh? But he didn't.

> Obviously, Kenney Jones was not THE right choice to replace Keith. But who
> can replace Moonie in Who? No one.

Oswaldo:

The best choice (IMHO) would have been Carl Palmer, someone used to working
in the three man setup and even worked with Pete in the past (Townshend
produced the Arthur Brown album, on which Palmer was the drummer). Carl was
even free at the time. It's true he's a very precision drummer, as opposed
to Moon's style, but he does fill better than anyone short of Keith and is
definitely powerful enough.
It would have altered the band's sound, true, but isn't that what Pete
wanted at that time?

"The power that be, well most of the
    power that be, sits right here."
  George "Da-beed da-beed that's all folks!" Bush

               Cheers                 ML