New Album !

The following is a partial re-post from O&S (credit to Stuart T.) of a
personal review of Pete's show in LaJolla Saturday night.
What really caught my eye, was Pete's banter below.

>He told a LOT of funny stories in between songs, <snip> and that The Who
intends to go into the studio to MAKE AN ALBUM
>starting in September!!!!!!!!!!!

Call me crazy, but it sounds like we're going to see a new album!
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first definitive statement
by any of TED (let alone Pete) that they are indeed going to "make an
album".  Until this, it's always been, "we're going to try and make music",
or "I'm keen on trying", or "we're writing songs, but..".
For Pete to make this statement, particularly in front of a live audience,
to me is pretty telling.
Also, the timing is very interesting.
If this all is true, then it would seem that the fall Euro Tour will be of
new material, with the charity gigs as a rehearsal.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Getting psyched!
Kevin in VT