Wholigans review

I just got back from Tampa, a 4 hour drive from fort Lauderdale, and the 5 of
us had a kick ass time!

We just saw an awesome cover band, but they brought the who back to life..the
wholigans, a 4 piece, freaking rock and it is eerie how much they sound like
the who. Especially the lead singer Barry, who has long curly brown hair like
Roger did in the 70s and he sounds like Roger, as he is from England himself.

The band took the stage at 915 and played for 45 minutes b4 taking a break to
change in their live at Leeds outfit, then playing for another hour and 15
minutes. The guitarist used hiwatt speakers, gibson guitars for the first
set, then he changed into the white jumpsuit and changed to the type of
guitar Pete used at Leeds. Barry/Roger, also changed into the frilly type of
outfit Roger wore in 1970. It was very loud and after the show, I could not
speak as I was right down in front screaming my brains out.

The show was played in a small theatre to 30 people. The band even told us we
inspired them to play b/c of how crazy we were going. Most people we kind of
just standing around but we were jumping, and windmilling and everything. At
the end of my generation, the guitarist smashed his guitar and into a billion
pieces and i got part of it, plus i got the set list autographed by the band.
It was nice to hear the band tell us that we inspired them and the guitarist
told us he hopes they play more show b/c of us.

I cant explain it but they bought the who to life. They are not just a cover
band b/c they actually sound like the who. The whole show blew us all away..i
mean it was just incredible! Below is the setlist, the set list is a great
mix and they do a good job with synthesizers and all:

Set 1:
Baba O'riley
Punk and the Godfather
Dr. Jimmy
Pictures of Lily
Boris The Spider
Who Are You
Long Live Rock
Real Me
Love Reign O'er Me

Leeds set:
Can't Explain
Happy Jack
Substitute
Quick One
Summertime Blues
Shakin all over
Tommy Medley, (overture, pinball wizard, sparks, see me feel me)
Young man blues
Behind blue eyes
WGFA
Magic Bus