No Subject

Daltrey Sings Witchblade Praise

Roger Daltrey, lead singer of the legendary rock group The Who and a veteran
genre actor, told SCI FI Wire that he enjoyed his upcoming guest stint on
TNT's original series Witchblade. Daltrey will play Father Del Toro, "a
priest with a twist in his tail," Daltrey said in an interview, referring to
the fact that the character harbors a dark secret.

The episode involves the Vatican's alleged alliance with the Nazis during
World War II, said Daltrey, whose genre credits include Tales from the
Crypt, Sliders, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and a recurring
role on Highlander. "I can't say much because I don't want to give it all
away, but it was good fun," he said. "It was good to play a priest with
charm."

Besides Witchblade, Daltrey is busy with other genre projects, including the
film thriller .com for Murder with Nastassja Kinski and a segment of VH-1's
music-based horror anthology series Strange Frequency. He added that he'd
love to return to Witchblade if the series returns for a second season.

"The character could be reprised," Daltrey said. "He doesn't get killed off.
I'd be interested in doing it again. I enjoyed the job. They're great people
to work with, and [star] Yancy Butler was fantastic. Toronto [where
Witchblade films] in the winter is not much fun. I love Toronto. It's a
great place, but they can have their winters. Apart from that, I'd do it
again."

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm