RE: LP Artwork vrs. CDs

> "When am I going to see LPs again?"
> I'm so sick of CDs, with their tiny little covers & inserts, that
> I have to use a magnifying glass to see whatever artwork might
> be in it, & a microscope to read the lyrics, that I've almost all but
> given up on buying them.

This is very true. That's why I recommend that new Who fans go out and buy
the vinyl LP's even if they don't own a turntable. There's something about
listening to The Who while looking over the large-scale album sleeves
(particularly Quadrophenia with the booklet) that adds to the experience. I
also don't think that, except for The Who Sell Out, that any of The Who's
album covers work at CD size. Who are those four tiny men doing standing
around that gray rectangle?

Despite Pete's recent no-artwork Who download, he has stated recently that
the best way for record companies to battle free downloads is with better
packaging. It's hard to imagine how CD's can have better packaging without
somehow increasing their size.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm