Information for Pete Townshend Concertgoers

Thanks to Matt Kent for pointing this out.

On line at:
http://www.lajollaplayhouse.com/peteltr.htm

Information for Pete Townshend Concertgoers
We would like to take this opportunity to provide you with some information
regarding this special weekend at the Playhouse. The theatre lobby will be
open at 6:00 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday night. We encourage you to
join us early for a pre-concert celebration that will include specialty
beverage stations, concert souvenir sales and a nightly raffle of 50 concert
programs signed by Pete Townshend! (Raffle tickets will be sold at $10
each.)

In addition, the Playhouse is thrilled to have secured a Fender guitar [sic:
actually a Squier Stratocaster] signed by Pete Townshend to be auctioned on
our website - www.lajollaplayhouse.com – where bidding will begin on Monday,
June 18th and close on Sunday evening, June 24th at 12:00 a.m. midnight
(PST). The winner will be announced on the Playhouse website on Monday, June
25th.

Since the Playhouse is located on the University of California, San Diego
campus, please be aware that liquor may not be transported onto the campus
nor can it be consumed outside the immediate confines of the Playhouse
theatres. Campus police will be patrolling the parking areas and will
confiscate alcoholic beverages.

There will be security checkpoints prior to entering the house of the
theatre. We request that you do not bring any valuable personal items such
as cameras, recording devices, Pete Townshend records or CD’s, large bags or
oversized purses. You will be asked to check any of these items if found in
your possession.

The concert will begin at 8:00 pm and will be performed without an
intermission. THERE WILL BE NO LATE SEATING AT THIS EVENT

Please visit the Playhouse’s website for updated concert information prior
to June 22nd and 23rd.
weekend at the Playhouse. The theatre lobby will be open at 6:00 p.m. on
both Friday and Saturday night. We encourage you to join us early for a
pre-concert celebration that will include specialty beverage stations,
concert souvenir sales and a nightly raffle of 50 concert programs signed by
Pete Townshend! (Raffle tickets will be sold at $10 each.)

Thank you again for your generous support of La Jolla Playhouse’s New Plays
and Musicals Program. We look forward to seeing you at the Playhouse
throughout the 2001 season.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm