Re: Q: Rock is dead? A: Radiohead

At 16:42 18-6-01 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 6/18/01 3:20:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>ciggaar@warande.net writes:
>

>>Whatever makes them happy; I think it's boring music. :-)
>

>Bjorn, I might be one of the few to say this but I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU
>MORE!!!!
>
>Has anyone heard the stereophonics? Since they covered who are you on the
>substitute album, I bought their latest release "just enough education to
>perform." NOW THAT IS ROCK!

I saw them too (actually on the same day as Radiohead). Maybe I was a bit
down that day, or maybe it's because I had an overdose of JEB afterwards. I
was 2nd row for the Stereophonics. They where great musicians, but their
music was horrible to my taste. I don't like the
"wheining"/"crying"-Oasis-sound. It's nothing that can get you jumping (if
anyone saw their televised performance at Pinkpop, the jumping girl in the
front row is definatly on acid). :-)

If you wanna hear rock, listen to the JEB. :-) They played The Who's
greatest hits, only twice as fast and twice as loud!

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"You're all fucking stupid!"