philosophies

I've been watching the A&E Sunday arts show again, and they've had
interviews with some authors on this morning.  Some good philosophies
represented. I didn't catch the names, as I was doing other stuff at the
same time, but here are some things that stuck out.

Male, journalist type:  If you have something to say, then say it with
passion, because otherwise, no one's going to listen to you.

Female, business type:  There are people who are worth investing your time
in, and some who are not.  Some are batteries that stimulate your ideas and
your energy; some are exchangers that leave you with no net gain or loss,
and some are energy vampires that drain you and are never worth your time.

Applying this to our favorite band, they are definitely battery types that
are worth investing our time in, and they always say things with passion.
Right?  What more could you want?

keets