Re: Who fan suffers at hands of puritan yankee

In article <F121iwi7Qf4vKhBxT1800001559@hotmail.com>,
    "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>  writes:

> The reasoning is buried somewhere it the Corporation's sexual harrassment
> policies that are meant to fend off lawsuits.  If someone (anyone) is
> offended by anything in any way, the thing must be removed.  No questions
> asked.

Sheesh.  Instead of saying "hey, would you mind changing your wallpaper,
that one you've got is bothering me" they pull an anonymous snitch trick
and get the Stazi to come down on you.  You know, that was one of the
ways that totalitarianism survived for so long in Russia and China --
the entire system depended on people being anonymous snitches to rat out
their family, friends, neighbours, and coworkers.

The woman who shares my office with me at work grew up in China during
the cultural revolution.  The stories that she tells me just astonish me
over and over again and it really pisses me off when I see little "mini
cultural revolutions" being foisted on the workplace and elsewhere in US
society by the politically correct.
--
Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
         Home <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>