Re: Political Pete?: Is it Punk for a moment?

> I took it to be a very personal message from father to children.  I don't
> read anything political into it at all.

Jeff:

I agree...it's clear when Pete is being political, like this statement: "The
new President of The United States is what I would call a cunt " In TKAA, he
was being social.

> mistakenly thought that Keith was standing in a bathtub and mistook John's
> bass for a penis.

Uh...you mean that's not the case? Next you'll tell me there's no Santa
Claus.

> 1) It's NOT a rebate!!! - it's an advance refund and you WILL have to
> subtract it from whatever refund you come up with at the beginning of next

Kathy:

I was wondering if we'd have to pay taxes on the already taxed income. This
is worse.

 > 2) I'm guessing that many people on this list will get the full amount.

According to the CFTJ, 91% of the US population will not get the full rebate
as advertised. I'm not in the least surprised...

> musical talent.  New Wave bands of the late 70's and early 80's should not
be
> confused with punk.

Jon:

But that music emerged from Punk. Most NW bands began as Punk. So Punk as a
pure form didn't last even three years, but in some form it still exists.
Punk itself definitely owes more to The Who and Kinks than anyone else,
whereas New Wave is just as clearly derived from Bowie. However Bowie was
just as definitely influenced by The Who and Kinks.

> recovered to this day. Personally I think the best rock music was produced
> between 1967 to 1975, before Punk and Disco came into being.

I'd say you're damned close, but would amend it slightly it to 1956-1973,
with the "glory period" (the most creative burst, and what I believe you're
talking about) being 1965-1973.

> It's just that I *know* that there will be tons of people who don't
realize
> that they'll have to "pay it back"

Kathy:

Well, they've been lied to.

> one way or the other and when they find
> out, they won't blame congress/the president,

Oh, I think we know whose math is (and always has been) fuzzy. Some just
aren't willing to admit it.

"Anyway, I'm so thankful, and so gracious-I'm
  gracious that my brother Jeb is concerned
         about the hemisphere as well."
     George "the best possible me" Bush

               Cheers                 ML