RE: Predicting the future.

>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Bono @ Harvard
>
>Here's a great quote from Bono's speech last week at Harvard:
>
>"Rock music to me is rebel music," he said. "But rebelling against what? In

>the Fifties it was sexual mores and double standards, in the Sixties it was

>the Vietnam War and racial and social inequality. What are we rebelling
>against now? I'm rebelling against my own indifference. I'm rebelling
>against an idea that the world is the way the world is, and there's not a
>damn thing I can do about it. So I'm trying to do a damn thing. But
fighting
>my indifference is my own problem, what's your problem?"

Bingo!  (wow, nice timing Jeff and Bono)
Funny how you don't realize something until it's focused for you.
Bono has described exactly how I'm feeling these days.  Feeling like hope is
lost.  Like the world will continue down this crappy road to self
destruction.
When I was younger, I was convinced that we knew what was wrong and had the
ability and drive to fix it. Now, I'm not so sure.
Look at all the damn huge gas guzzling SUV's out there.
We're going in the wrong direction people!
But it looks like people just don't care anymore.

If I were to predict the future, I'd have to say that this feeling of
"indifference" will catch up with everyone and will be the motivation for a
new wave of rebellious rock.
The Who could actually guide this movement.  Connection with 60's values to
today, etc.
Right now, everyone is more concerned with Brittney's boobs, then with what
really matters.
Wait, her boobs do matter, but what I meant was.............

My 2 cents on Nirvana:
While I find Pearl Jam to be a much deeper band, with better quality musical
compositions, Nirvana was the fuse and bomb that allowed PJ and others to
really hit it big.
I remember back then thinking that Sounds Like Teen Spirit was the first
album to come along in a long, long time with so many killer tracks on one
album.
It was the beginning.
BUT, I also remember preaching the day after seeing PJ on SNL, about how PJ
would be the next BIG thing.
I also remember saying that if Sound Garden and Alice 'n' Chains could break
further away from their Heavy Metal roots, that they would be powerful too.

Man I'm good.  ;-)

Hey, after seeing Mystic Pizza, I also predicted that Julia Roberts would be
huge!
Ok, I'll stop.

Kevin in VT