JEB at Portland, ME 6/6/01

Folks, do not miss John on this tour, it's a great
show.  I know there's a Matinee Madness in Vermont
tonight, it's well worth it.

Highlights were meeting Bjorn (my girlfiend was amazed I
knew someone from the Who Mailing List), seeing 2 fans
sing with the band during the sound check and of course
getting my pictures signed + a quick photo with John and
the band.  Endless Vacation and Had Enough were played
during the sound check, but not during the show.  The
band opened with Heaven and Hell, it's as if I was
seeing Live at Leeds 30 years later, unreal.  It was
great to see the Sparks/MG from Woodstock/Leeds jam and
most of John's Who work from 1970 on, along with some
other gems tossed in.  John's bass solo during Shakin'
All Over really rocked.

All in all, a great (although short) show for us up in
the north country.  Bjorn, e mail me off the list when
you return home, it was great to meet you.

Rick in Maine

P.S. Get well Janice!