Re: degeneration of rock

Brian Cady wrote:

> I think a lot of people get confused by what he's saying. He's not saying
> rock is dead which is no more true than saying jazz is dead. It's just that
> there's nowhere new to go. Here's an example from jazz. Wynton Marsalis is a
> great jazz performer who comes out with great music. But if you were to tell
> the story of jazz you could just leave him out. The story of jazz is pretty
> much written now; except for a few avenues that might come up from a
> technical advance, no one is going to take jazz farther than say Coltrane or
> Odetta. The same now goes for rock. You can still come out with great rock
> records, but you can't go past what was accomplished by the late 70's. The
> story of rock is over. Now we are in the legacy years (and have been for 20
> years now).

	Hey there Brian:

	I just wanted to say that I agree 100% with every syllable you've
stated above.  I'm 37 years of age, and since about 1975 have seen the
evolution of both the rock and music scene first as a kid, then as a
young to then older adult, so I can definitely back up your statement
with some official authority :) :)

							Ciao,

							Joseph