RE: Daily Telegraph interview with Pete 02.06.01

> >Where did punk start? I think it sprang directly from the 1972 issue
> >of the album "Nuggets." Young groups heard it, wondered why
> doesn't anyone
> >do great music like this anymore?, and put that mid-60's garage
> band sound
> >back onstage.
>
> And not MY GENERATION?

Where do you think those 60's garage bands got the idea to play the way they
did? See Count Five ("My Generation" and "Out In The Street") the early
Amboy Dukes ("It's Not True") and on and on.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm