Re: The Who On Ice

At 05:04 PM 6/2/2001, you wrote:
>I do, but it's the videos--I love the productions.  I'm not much into the
>audio recordings.
>
>keets
>
>>How often does anyone listen to 89 and 96 stuff...i try to once in a
>>while but it is too difficult b/c it is so rehearsed and big band. The
>>only thing i like is the tommy portion from 89 or quad from 96.
>>Especially pete's rendition of the overture on acoustic guitar in
>>89..THAT IS AWESOME I ADMIT!

Well, since Lela has spoken up I guess I have to as well.  Recently I've
been listening to 2000 stuff because that's the newest things I have (in
general) but what do I find myself going back to?  89.  I know what
everybody complains about but personally (and remember I'm a relatively new
fan - since 96) I think that Roger's voice never sounded better than in 89
and that is what is most important to me.  He had the maturity to have
everything under control and didn't seem to have lost any of the high notes
yet.  <snicker> Well, except at the end of the Atlanta show where I just
have to laugh because it's amusing to watch (yes I do feel for him but that
doesn't dim my amusement<G>)

Kathy

If you like Roger Daltrey visit my web site:
http://kathy.hispeed.com/index.html