Re: Who promo CD

The usual shambles which seems to affect the Who took place today over
the promo CD issued with the Daily Telegraph. To get the CD, you have to
take a voucher to your nearest Virgin store today.

The first element of the shambles is that the voucher is on the reverse
of the page carrying the Pete Interview. So removing the voucher removes
several column inches of the interview!

Then, when I got the the Virgin store this morning to collect the CD,
due to a transport fault, no Virgin store has the CD today. We have to
rely on the store posting the CD to customers when they eventually
arrive.

Finally, the CD is very disappointing, as unlike other promos, it only
has 3 audio tracks, and no CD rom video clips. Other bands' promos - the
U2 promo tomorrow with the Sunday Times, for instance - have 4 - 6
audio tracks and 2 or 3 video clips.

The tracks are

Anyway Anyhow Anywhere - Ocean Colour Scene
The Real Me - Fastball

and surprisingly, the jewel from the whole tribute CD, the Bowie "Ziggy
Stardust" style Pictures of Lily.

Listers may do well to just get the Daily Telegraph's free promo for the
Bowie track, rather than just lash out the money for the Tribute CD as a
whole, as the Bowie version is by far and away the best track on the
Tribute CD.

Cheers,

John