Re: Rolling Stone review of Who Tribute CD

In a message dated 06/01/2001 8:10:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cadyb@home.com writes:

Even the latter-day Who are reduced to cover-band
redundancy with a workmanlike rehash of "Substitute

Does everyone hate rollingstone as much as me??? I mean ok a critical review
is fine but does rollingstone have to make an ass out of themselves all the
time?
  How are the present day who a cover band? A cover band IMO is a band
playing someone else's songs in an inferior way...I think the who do a pretty
good job of rocking to songs that are 30 yrs. old and have been played 2000
times.

scott p. not scott s.
"their most vital and coherent album since Who's Next..."
Parke Puterbaugh, Rolling Stone on its hard album