Mojo Collections magazine

Just picked up a copy of "Mojo Collections" magazine for Spring 2001 here.
It looks like a great magazine! Anyway, there's quite a number of fun Who
stuff in it:

Steve Cradock of Ocean Colour Scene shows off his collection of Mod
scooters, one made up to closely resemble the Quadrophenia one.

Homer Simpson picks out his favorite records:
The Who
The Kids Are Alright
"I've never really listened to this song very carefully, but I met these
guys and they were really nice, so I'll put them on the list. Maybe this'll
help them sell some records. I should point out that most kids are not
alright and any sort of blanket statement saying they are is really asking
for trouble. Like that kid Nelson my daughter used to date is not alright.
Bart: not alright. This song is really misleading. On second thoughts, don't
buy this record."

Lemmy from Motorhead picks the My Generation LP as one of his ten favorite
records:
"This was so outrageously violent. Pete Townshend was brilliant, and Keith
Moon was one of the best drummers. He would have been out of place with any
other band, but he had a bass player who was faster than he was. Moon played
with the vocals and the guitar, not the bass."

Billy Nicholls talks about his favorite collected records (not Who) and says
the last time he heard of some collector buying his "Would You Believe" LP,
they paid £2,000.

Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine makes Mojo a tape of oldies including
"Anyway Anyhow Anywhere": "There's a really mad bit halfway through where
Pete Townshend totally freaks out. He's not trying to be weird; it sounds
completely natural. He was getting into Indian philosophy and jazz at the
time and here he captures the same sense of freedom that John Coltrane had."

Dave Aguilar of Chocolate Watchband picks Live At Leeds as one of his five
best British beat LP's: "I never got The Who in the beginning. Their first
album really turned me off. It was poppy, punky, witty and contained some
nice harmonies but it did nothing for me. This is the greatest live LP ever.
Townshend's virtuosity, Daltrey's vocals...I get chills just thinking about
it."

and Yvonne Elliman talks about how Pete came to play on her "I Can't
Explain": "I told my producer Rupert Hine that I loved the old Who song, and
he said he'd try to get Pete to play on it. We nearly all fell down when he
said that he would. He arrived with a guitar and a bottle of brandy, sat
down, and proceeded to play - very loudly. So loudly that the fire alarms
went off!"

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm