Global G Go-Go

Hi,

Just got the Gobal A Go-Go disc from Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros. It's
not my music really, but I like to have different stuff in my collection. I
totally love the instrumental "Minstrel Boy", though I think it was much,
much, much more rocking live! (it was one of the main reasons for me to buy
this album, the opening of the band with that song at The Who in the UK was
amazing). Does anyone have a bootleg recording of one of their openings???
If only for that song, I loved it. The studio version is very slow (and
goes on forever)...

Further, Roger features on "Global A Go-Go" 'imitating' Strummer'
(stuttering all along in a 'cool' Jamaican kinda way... ja man!). A
(jazz-)reggae kinda song. "THERE IS NO HUT IN THE SE-RRRREN-GETTI!"

And the whole song is full of Who references"

"Quadrophenia in Armenia
Armenia City in the Skyyyyyy"

Grrrrrrooooovy tune!

"We calling out for Ronnie" (Lane)

"We send the funk into the jungle,
to the last outpost of the bass players"
(isn't that somewhere in Cotswald, UK?)

Nice package as well... Cardboard sleeve with inserts.

You'll hear some familiar tunes. I'm certain some folks over here would
like that (especially that "mushy pees"-song). Though they rocked much more
live! They should release some live tracks!

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"You're all fucking stupid!"