Re: Who Banter Trivia revisited & sanitized Helpless Dancer

From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
"But then, Pete knows the standards are different for theater than for rock
music.  Notice how Paul Simon failed on Broadway by ignoring the standards.
If this is going to be a musical that children attend, then they need to
manage at least a PG rating.  As Bjorn said, consider this a different take
on the Quad subject matter--not the same thing reworked.
On the bright side, it seems Pete may write some new songs for this project.
  Do you suppose we might hear them enter The Who's repertoire?"

Wow keets,
After my tirade against purist thinking, I saw your post.  Maybe I don't
need to scream so loud :-)

BTW, it's not just children's sensibilities we're talking about here.  "What
is it, I'll take it.  Who is she, I'll rape it" will not help the average
audience identify with Jimmy (which is necessary to feel Quad).  Your
average teenage boy understands this thought completely, but that's a pretty
limited audience.  I'll go out on a limb and say Pete/Penhall will do some
wholesale rewriting of "Dr. Jimmy" - with good reason.

Jeff