RE: WhobanterPC

>From: Alan McKendree <amck@thenetdr.com>
>Subject: Re:  Who Banter Trivia revisited & sanitized Helpless Dancer
>
>>So, someone tell me how back in early 1968 did people know you could die
>>from "getting stuffed" from something extremely contagious.
>
>AIDS isn't the only STD around. Syphilis, e.g., is frequently fatal
>if left untreated, with some rather exotic side-effects along the way.

Yeah, that was stupid of me.  One of those realizations that hit you right
after hitting "send".

>Oh man.  I'm having that involuntary NO! reaction that I had when
>they cleaned up the "Tommy" lyrics.  Although I DON'T like it, I can
>understand cutting the un-PC stuff- the "lesbians & queers" line, and
>being "beaten up" by blacks (at least they left the line
>in..."blacks" itself verges on the non-PC)

Yep, having the same reaction.
I don't even see "lesbians & queers" or "beaten up by blacks" as un-PC.
Hell, I've always thought that the lesbian and queer line was in defense of
the gay community.  And "beaten up by blacks" clearly was directed at the
Mods who were (unless I'm mistaken) a white phenomenon in the UK.  It's just
real.

Kevin in VT