Mods, Scooters & Quadrophenia

Though the Who weren't credited on the Today show, or
wherever the story aired about the renewed popularity
of scooters, the article cited below appeared in the
Boston Globe last week. Under the picture of the
people on scooters on the front page, Quadrophenia was
mentioned...Maybe a Who fan on staff, given the number
of Who references of late...

AN OLD ICON SCOOTS BACK INTO FAVOR

Published on 07/11/2001. Article 1 of 3 found.
SOURCE: By Royal Ford, Globe Staff
It could be the next small thing.

=====
“I do not know that it was music; it was more like watching violence put to rhythm. But unquestionably, it stood out as the most remarkable appearance in the entire second half, and I say this even though the Rolling Stones and the Beatles were to follow.” Excerpt from New Musical Express, 5/6/66.