RE: To Trip, or not to trip..............

>From: Sigel James Civ 10 ABW/LGCW <James.Sigel@usafa.af.mil>
>Subject: RE:  Woodstock/Acid
>
>Keets:
>I have heard this pretty much the same way too.  I can't remember where
>either...:-)

Can *anyone* out there post a quote by *anyone* in the band that states that
all the band got spiked water, or that Pete was tripping too??
I'm really curious about this.

I just find it really hard to believe that while giving an interview about
the original Woodstock, at the *only* Woodstock reunion since, that Pete
wouldn't mention that he was tripping.  Especially when he goes out of his
way in the same interview to say that he wasn't tripping "at the time of
Woodstock", and sat there feeling disconnected with everyone in his industry
who was "getting stoned all the time".
Just doesn't make sense.

I have to agree with Schrade, that much of the "tripping at Woodstock" stuff
seems to be exaggerated over the years.  It makes for great lore, but is it
really fact??
I say no!  Here ye, Here ye!
You can tell when someone is tripping.  Look at the drummer for Santana.
His eyes are big round basketballs.  He's breathing heavily and erratically
(even before playing), kind of like "woah, I'm tripping my balls off and I
can't catch my breath". (ok, so he may be nervous, but.....)
I wonder about Rog. He does seem to be licking his lips a bunch.  BUT, he
tends to do this at other shows as well.  They just don't seem to be
tripping to me.  No blank stares.  No looking around in amazement.  No slow
movements of the head like "woah, what did you say? Hey, did you see that
traiiiiil!"  "Look at all these god damn people out there!".
John, you just can't tell.  He always looks the same.
But Pete.  He looks straight.  Quick movements, with full control of his
body.  Eyes aren't slow at all.  He seems sharp and 'In Tune'.

Someone please prove me wrong.  :-)

Also, I think this habit many of us have fallen into of calling Pete a liar
(well, an exaggerator and misrepresentor, or simply being mistaken) is
getting a bit out of hand.
I think he says what he feels.  Feelings come from different directions at
times.  Alone, they may not add up.  But, put them all together, and it
paints a pretty clear picture.
Just an HO.

Kevin in VT
"I sawww ya"   PT