RE: Woodstock/Acid

Keets:
I have heard this pretty much the same way too.  I can't remember where
either...:-)

>I can't pin it down right now.  I've read too many interviews and can't
>recall which said what any more, but Roger has talked about it a couple of
>times.  It went something like this:  They were there thirteen hours before

>they went on stage, and it was impossible to be anywhere that long and not
>to eat or drink something.  Everything they got was spiked: coke, coffee,
>water, food.

And also, isn't Pete documented somewhere (I'm positive I've read/heard this
many times) that he stopped doing acid in 1967 around the time of
Monterey???  If I recall, he said that he had such an awful trip on his last
trip during the "summer of love" that he never did acid again.  And if this
is true, and Woodstock was in '69, then Pete couldn't have been tripping
because he gave it up back in ;67!  Elementary dear Watson.  UNLESS...  he
got spiked as Roger describes above...  Hmmm.... "Whoa!  I'm really buggin'
out man!!!!"

Lastly, thanks to Scott P, I finally heard the entire Woodstock boot, and
they were "off" as far as the Who is concerned, but they still kicked ass.
Schrade is right; they played "fine" at Woodstock.  A little choppy and it
sounds as if Pete missed three solos for every one he got right, but still -
cutting through the flower power like a chainsaw in a daisy field...  Ladies
and gentlemen...  The Who.

Jim in Colo Springs

"Fuck off my fucking stage... (wah!)"  PT