Re: Pete's testimonial

>He said that the 'leadership' of the 'Group' often tape sessions for the
>purpose of getting tips on presentation and facilitation.  And that this is
>practice perfectly within the guidelines of anonymity that are central to
>the program.

Are you thinking it's an invasion of privacy because Pete has such a
recognizable voice?  It's not like he would be anonymous, even if they cut
his name out.

>I have very mixed feelings about this.  I am simultaneously curious and
>repulsed.  How much information is too much?

Actually, Pete would likely have given permisssion for the tape to be used
as a matter of public service.  There's an interview around where he talks
about his hearing loss and how he did it (recording while drunk) for
organizations that work to prevent it.  There's also an interview where he
says his family wishes he would shut up.

You'd gather that the way Pete spills his guts during interviews as well as
during songs might be a little embarrassing to them.  Do keep in mind that
whatever Pete says is only how he feels at that moment.  Tomorrow, of
course, it won't be true at all.    ;)

keets