RE: Just For Fun

Ah, the Alexis game...

NAME:  Jim
AGE (optional!): 35 (optional)
CITY YOU LIVE IN:  Colorado Springs
PROFESSION:  Professional IT Flunkie

        *HERE COME THE DIFFICULT QUESTIONS!*
FAVORITE WHO ALBUM(S) :  Quad and/or Live at Leeds
FAVORITE WHO SINGLE :  Relay or Join Together
FAVORITE WHO MOVIE :  The Kids Are Alright
FAVORITE WHO-RELATED BOOK : "MOON" by Tony Fletcher
FAVORITE WHO MEMBER!:  Gene Simmons (Aw, c'mon, that question is like asking
a mother of five, which kid is her favorite; odds are she won't answer
either.)
FAVORITE BANDS BESIDES THE WHO:  Bob Mould/Husker Du, Beatles...
FAVORITE CONCERT EXPERIENCE:  First time seeing The Who at the Rosemont in
Chicago, 1982.  It was my first concert ever, and the greatest simply
because the air was electrified not only by the Who, but by the crowd
itself.  Personally, I had been a Who-FREAK for about four years by then and
it was their "farewell" tour.  So I thought that this would be the only time
I would see them (Ha!  Six times later...) and so did the 35,000 or so other
patrons.  To be honest, I have no idea how good the band sounded that night,
because you couldn't even HEAR what song they were playing until about half
way though it.  The crowd was SO fantastically loud (I've never heard a
crowd react that way in the hundreds of concerts I have since seen) that on
a few occasions, Pete and/or Roger stepped away from the mic, and let the
crowd do the vocals.  Most vivid memory:  Roger swinging his mic a little
too wide, and Pete leaped over it before it could crash into his side.  A
totally unrehearsed moment, and I caught it in my binoculars.  Oh yeah, one
other thing, I also remember that my voice was destroyed for about three
days after - I was howling, screaming, and simply erupting with joy at
seeing my heroes do their thing.  There wasn't a Beatle-chick on the planet
who could match my screaming that night.  I didn't cry though!  I gotta be
manly about this, right?  "OOOOHHHH PEEEEETEEEE!!!  AHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Be cool all...

Jim in Colo Springs

"I can dig it..."  PT