Welcome to CNN's "Crossfire"

From: FELDMT@aol.com
"Affirmative action discriminates against white males...<list of current
statistics devoid of historical context>...This is a MINORITY, so therefore
affirmative action is discriminatory towards white males. Anyone who
disagrees with this must either be a black, asian, american indian, a woman,
or hispanic. A white male who stands up for
affirmative action is truly a pathetic person."

Please tell me why I am pathetic.

"They must either be a liberal democrat who promatotes affirmative action
only for his political self interests, a manager or human resource
representatitive who, by law, must screw his white brethren..."

Are you serious?  If so, you're scaring me.

"...for the sake of his own employment, or a university professor, who like
the politician wants to increase his status within the
politically correct environment of the college campus."

OK.  So I am a selfish liberal manager of Human Resources with a small
penis, black skin and asian features.  When I am pow-wowing with my
Asian-American friends they call me "Dog-Who-Sniffs-Black-Man's-Ass".  It
feels good to be in touch with myself :-)

"I respect Ashcroft for having the guts to see this without fear being
ostracized."

Ghengis Khan, Alexandar the Great, Atilla the Hun, Joan of Arc, Gen. Robert
E Lee, Jesus - these people had guts.  Ashcroft lost an election to a dead
guy and settled for his current position as a consolation.

"In the book: The Who, The Farewell Tour, (1983), author Peter Goddard says,
  "The Who are one of the whitest bands ever to play rock'n'roll." I know
this is a little besides the point, but all Mr. Goddard is saying is the Who
had an entirely different musical style from what they began doing and what
their music eventually became. The Stones' music often is influenced by
black music, but this is not true for the Who from My Genereation onward.
They are the epitomy of "white rock." Long Live the Who!"

Now I'm really confused.  Are you saying that The Who elevated rock above
the level of the dirt people?

Jon,  Please feel free to vote for whoever you want.  If you are suggesting
that the music of The Who ever escaped the influence of American black
music, I've got to stand up and be counted.

You must really hate those Motown and James Brown covers from the early
days.  Roger's Howlin' Wolf impersonations must make your skin crawl.

Besides, The Lettermen are the whitest rock and roll act ever :-)

Jeff