Re: Substitute - Tribute Album

>2. Although Pearl Jam, Cheryl Crow, & David Bowie are the only >big names
>(besides Paul Weller), I have to say that musically the
>songs are pretty powerful and representative.  It would be nice
>to see some really big names weigh in like they did on the "Two
> >Rooms"	tribute to Elton John.  The Who deserve it.

How did Pridden pick the acts to appear?  Did they volunteer?

There were some pretty big names to appear for Roger's Celebration shows,
but I'm under the impression that these are younger acts on the SUBATITUTE
cd.  In a way that's better than having the old, big-name guys.  It means
that The Who have younger fans.

keets