BBC Sessions and The Ox as a team player

I've been listening to BBC Sessions for the first time a while.  This disc
is finally growing on me.  The covers are great summer, windows down,
loud-as-hell car tunes.  Roger and Keith sound expecially strong.  And to
those complaints about the mastering - I say bullshit.  That's why God made
equalizers and tone knobs!

Besides, The Who's BBC disc sounds every bit as good (or better in spots) as
The Beatles BBC stuff.  The Hendrix set does sound better.

I've been thinking about The Ox's summer activities.  Some people have said
it is kind of pathetic that he is playing in a Beatles cover outfit.  I
think it really shows that he is a smart, classy venture for him.  He's out
on the road with his JEB bandmates, giving them an oppportunity to show
their stuff with some fine well-established musicians.  He gets to stretch
his own style out a bit in preparation for more TED collaboration.  All this
without risking his own money on the venture.  It seems pretty smart to me.

Jeff