RE: Abbie Hoffman Incident

Here's an interesting website, which includes info about The Who at
Woodstock and the Abbie Hoffman incident:

http://www.celticguitarmusic.com

Since no one stepped forward from the list as an attendee, I emailed
Glenn Weiser and asked if he had any impression of the incident.
Here's what he says:

I did see it. Abbey got onstage and only got a couple of words into the
mic before his body turned horizontal in midair and he was grabbed and
bodily removed. It was over real fast. I wasn't close enough to see it
that well, but Townnsend says he clubbed him with his guitar, which
would account for how Abbey went flying. It was a stupid thing for
Hoffman to do-he had already had a good political piece published in
the program, which you can read on my site. And as politcal as those
times were with the war and all, people were there to listen to music
and trip out. They didn't want hear Hoffman's rantings. I was a huge
Who fan back then, and I can tell you they were one the best acts at
Woodstock. Incredibly competent, they amazed the crowd by playing the
entire Tommy without a hitch.

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.