Re: today Vrs yesterdays

Let me start by saying I do agree that the music being
produced today, in gneral, sucks.  Though I think
music has some roots in the problems of violence among
youth, I do not think that today's music is totally to
blame.  There are many other contributing factors and
I think honestly that music plays only a minor role,
if any.  For example, it would be, in my opinion,
false to say Marylin Manson was responsible for what
happened at Columbine (which is what many people
I know have said).  Although I would not want my
children listening to said music, I don't think that
it would be right to prevent them from listening to it
and allow them only to listen to what I like.  Yes,
the music industry of today is frustrating because
there isn't anyone who really knows how to write
anymore.  I think, however, that there is a hint of
talent breaking out.  I think Matchbox 20 is an
example of this, also Coldplay is pretty good.  This
is all just my friendly opinion.

Shanna