Re: We Close Tonight

> You waited, but deep in your eyes

That sounds right.  Thanks, keets.

Re: "Helpless Dancer":
> Err... no, he doesn't.  I just listened to it again, those lines
> specifically.  It's roger.

That's the way I hear it, too, Rich.  *All* Roger.  Atleast on the *studio* version.

> Watch Roger, Pete, Billy Idol and Gary Glitter trade off on the '96-'97
> tour.  They have to do that live because it's too fast for Roger to breathe
> in between the lines, but he didn't have that problem in the studio.  It's
> all Roger on the cd.

Roger didn't have to worry about catching his breath in the studio.  I'm sure he
recorded one vocal track singing every other line & then another *separate*
vocal track "answering" the first vocal track.  Easier that way to to incorporate
the left/right stereo separation, too.

> No, "We Close Tonight" is definitely written by Pete. He's confirmed it
> twice.

Yeah, I remember you saying a while back that Pete had admitted writing the song
but I don't think you posted that interview snippit.  Thanks.  Well, I'll take that as
proof that Pete wrote it (unless he's really lying through his teeth, but I doubt that).
So Rich is correct in saying that it's the only known Townshend song to be sung by
The OX.  I'd still like to hear OX's side of the story, though.

Re:  "Glittering Girl" - Sounds like *all* Pete singing to me.

- SCHRADE in Akron