RE: UpBritney'sAssWelcomeAlexis

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: Daltrey and Abbey Road
>Kevin:
>
>Pervert!

Damn!  My secret is out!

>From: Lilac6420@aol.com
>Subject: Re: UpBritney'sAssWelcomeAlexis
>
>Well, I must say it's terrible in high school when all anyone else can talk

>about is "Britney's new single" or "Justin's new haircut," it disgusts me!

I don't know why, but I was really hoping you'd report back that all the MTV
hype is bullshit, and that your peers are really more into the real music of
bands like The Who or U2 or really any other band that actually plays their
own music and writes about ANYTHING meaningful.
Guess it's just not that way.  Very disappointing.
In this light, it makes sense why kids have latched onto hip-hop.  At least
that genre is talking/protesting about *something*.  Musically though,
blaaaa.

>Even some of my best friends love that kinda crap.

Believe it or not, there are a couple of women here at my work who are all
ga-ga over N'stink, and they're in their upper 20's!
Aliens.

>One of my few fond memories of my child hood

Uh oh.  Sounds like a therapy session or two in your future.
You're not alone.
Something that struck me (actually us all) during our Who-huddle here in VT
after the JEB show, was that we all had issues with our growing up years.
Interestingly, the issue was around how each of us either had parents that
divorced, or wished they had (as in my case).
For you parents out there:
If you can't get along, spare your kids and separate already!!!!!!!  Dismiss
this stupid notion of "we'll stay together for the kids".  Yeah, that's the
solution.  NOT!
You'll just fuck them up.
But, then again, you may turn them into Who fans.   ;-)

> I think it might be
>underexposure.....my friends start to like them so I guess I could somehow
>spread the word/music along? HAHAHA, that'd be cool!

It is your duty and responsibility as a Who Fan to do so.
Wear T-shirts.
Play the music.
Throw parties and then blast Live At Leeds.
Go to Pete's We site (www.petetownshend.co.uk) and read up on the concepts
of Lifehouse.  Then, if there is interest in the music, start talking about
the concepts behind it.
Most importantly, attend a concert and bring your friends.

Keep us posted.

Stay in Tune,
Kevin in VT