Who Jazz

Brian Cady "wouldn't The Who have been better off in 1979 if they'd left
rock 'n' roll drumming behind and gotten a big band swing drummer who played
like Gene Krupa or Buddy Rich?"

Definitely.  Unfortunately they went all the way into big band  with the '89
tour IMHO.  Kind of Stan Kenton plays Townshend.

BC "Second, the way Pete and John play off each other (especially on the
2000 tour) is practically jazz jamming anyway."

The Labellists on the list will hate this, but I think Rock is just another
form of jazz anyway.   Blues based with everything but the kitchen sink
thrown in to break it up.

BC "A large part of the joy of hearing The Who live is listening to those
two "trade licks.""

Confession:  I visualized John and Pete inserting their 'instruments' into
my ears (one on each side) at my most recent show.  That was some primo
stuff :-)

Jeff

"I'm proud of the re-emergence of this band" PT
"We'll be back"  RD
Mansfield, MA July 3 2000