Pete's phase, orientation, or preference?

Hey all, I've got kind of a random question...
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but a few months ago I was driving around with a friend, and we were listening to PT's greatest hits.  My friend started referring to Pete's "bisexual phase", which he said happened in that time in the 70s when it was cool to be scrawny, glam and brooding.  Is this for real? I swear I have been receiving this list for a while now and you all have covered a lot of obscure who stuff, plus I have read a couple books and countless articles on the band and on Pete and I don't remember any references to it.  So, did Pete have a "bisexual phase" because it was rock n roll, or has he always been, and he just doesn't talk about it much?  or is this all BS? Please answer if you can! I am so curious...thanks!
Peace,
Anne

"Put this wig on, little boy..." (!!!!!)