Re: moon movie

>i thought the only way roger would be involved in the moon movie was if he
>could be involved in the writing. he didnt want to just act in it.

I don't think Roger has meant to act in it at all.  He's producing, rather
than writing or acting.  I think that means getting the plans together and
pitching them to a studio to get the money to do it.  He must have gotten
the go-ahead for a pretty big budget if folks are talking about Nick Cage to
star in it.

BTW, Pete has some experience at doing that, too.  He pitched the original
idea for THE IRON GIANT to use his music and got the funding allocated, but
then apparently pulled out when they changed the concept.  He's still listed
in the credits as "executive producer."  Also, Pete just mentioned recently
that he's pitched another movie called (maybe) THE BOY WHO HEARD MUSIC and
had it accepted, though we haven't heard much about it other than that.

>i also heard that they would have a hard time doing the move w/o him b/c of
>his voice as you just pointed out.

Anybody vote for Tom Stoppard to write the script?  Seems like he'd have the
right mix of humor and drama.

keets