Left for Live

scott p "Jeff, why are you lukewarm on left for live by the ox??  i love the
real me on it!!!!!  i love the ox solo...it is hard rockin..not like pete
and his acoustic stuff...i love pete solo to dont get me wrong but the ox
did a great job on real me..."

I am lukewarm on the disc as a whole, meaning I can't listen to the whole
thing.  I do like this version of "The Real Me".  I'll give it another
listen and get back to you :-)  The vocals are pretty weak throughout and I
don't particularly like the newer JAE/Luongo songs.

My least favorite part of the album is the Luongo drum solo on an otherwise
decent "Under a Raging Moon".  The trebly bass that John uses on some of the
tracks is annoying (except "Real Me", where he turns it on and off).  It
leaves the whole sound without enough bottom for my taste.  Kind of the
opposite of Spinal Tap doing "Big Bottom" (I think that's the title) where
they have 3 basses and no guitar.

Jeff