Re: Killing the demand; new Who

>Clearly this is true, as the best way to kill something is to kill the
>demand for it. So no buyers, no manufacturers. The labels could easily
>destroy the bootleg market by releasing the stuff. But instead, we get an
>attitude like the following:
>
> > And thats just it The Who, Pete Townshend, Trinifold
> > or otherwise have absolutley ZERO plans of releasing
> > any vinatge Moon era material.

Who knows?  They might eventually get around to it.  Lots of other bands are
doing that now.  But it's opposite The Who's strategy to this point--which
is a scarcity of supply.  Actually they've said they really don't have the
cache that everybody thinks they have, which is understandable, as they've
never cared much about the live recordings.  Obviously they're not going to
fund any release of old material where they're not sure to get their costs
back.

Also, you have to make allowances for them being the world's most
unmanagable rock band--and damn possessive, too. ;)

> > This after two week of the list being down, right?  ;)

>Guess they just couldn't wait.

Yeah, everybody was so happy to see each other that they went right for the
jugular.  ;)

keets