RE: QUADandIMovedOptimism

>I listened again.  Nope, does nothing for me.  In fact, it's about as close
>to Disco as I've ever heard Pete.  The ascending and descending piano lines
>annoy me a bit. Too smutty for Bette?  The bitch.
>I see this song as being a main contributor to the whole "Pete is Gay" mess
>that my best friends (those that know me well enough to tease me) keep
>bombarding me with.

Yes, this is one of the songs he got in trouble over, the other being "Rough
Boys."  He did indicate he was writing from a woman's point of view, though,
as it was meant to be sung by a woman.  I've always thought he was writing
about his wife, and that this is a glimpse into their (long and tangled)
relationship.

keets