Re: The Who on Broadway conjecture

After I expressed distaste for PshchoD, keets:  "But Pete does these things
so well!  :)  I love Psychoderelict."

I do like the music.  Some of the songs are fantastic.  I respect how ballsy
the idea is.  Its just that the plot and characters did nothing for me in my
gut.  If Pete needs these devices to come up with great songs, that's cool
with me.  If he needs these devices to reach a larger audience, that's cool
to.  I would love to be in the crowd when PT or TED perform any music he
writes, but I am not likely to be in the theater for the stage adaption.

keets:  "Notice how popular the Disney stuff is for Broadway shows these
days?  That's just the sort of sentimental rehash that the Broadway audience
loves."

Hold on there pardner!  Mickey Mouse, Pinnochio and Woody (from Toy Story)
are pure magic at my house.  We are making our annual pilgrimage to Orlando
next week and I can't wait!  There is no  better way to get a child
interested in the arts than via Disney Corp.  It aint rock and roll, but it
IS magic.

keets:  "So what do you think?  Would Quad and PD fly without alteration of
the storylines?"

They wouldn't fly with me.  Would they fly with a wider audience?  I dunno.
I am pretty wide but I do not understand the tastes of the general public,
especially the theater going public.  Mrs House dragged me to "Phantom of
the Opera" a few years ago, thinking she couldn't miss.  It sucked.  At
least she won't try that again:-)

Jeff