Re: Keets-Daltrey Int.

>What part struck you as being interesting?
>
>Roger's frankness (especially re. Pete and Kenny), and his different take
>on so many details. Do you realize how lucky we are that we get to read
>what our faves really think about each other -- both negative and positive?
>What other great bands fans are afforded that luxury? The Kinks to an
>extent. Maybe even the Beatles, but I haven't seen that new book yet.

Roger does tend to be frank, and here he doesn't seem to have any particular
agenda, so you get a clear idea of what he was thinking.  It's interesting
to see how things have progressed since then.  The ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS,
ISLE OF WIGHT and the box set have all been released.  The first inklings of
the Quad tour were underway here--and fortunately Roger did relent in his
determination not to work with Pete again.  They've since patched up
relations and seem to be rectifying some of Roger's other concerns about how
they'd left The Who--to the advantage of all of TED, as far as I can see.
The favorable publicity has brought in a nice set of awards for Pete as a
composer (as well as The Who) and given him some nice marketing
opportunities.

Something else that I think might be in work (that isn't completely obvious
yet) is that Roger took a look at Broadway during the production of TOMMY
and came away with some opinions.  He says in this interview that he thought
Broadway should adapt to TOMMY instead of the other way around.  So Roger
has done a couple of (sort of Broadway) productions in NYC now, and you'd
figure he's there checking the out the turf (recall that Paul Simon didn't
do well in forcing Broadway to adapt to him).  There are still hints around
that PSYCHODERELICT and QUAD might be adapted for stage, and you get the
feeling Roger might be involved in the productions next time around.

What do you think?

keets