RE: QUADandIMovedOptimism

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: QuadNewAlbumWhoSchool - SPANK ME!
>
>Hey, I sent mine in, at great length even!  Did the server eat it?  I
picked
>out "Is It In My Head" as least essential, even though it's one of my
>favorite songs on the album.  If you want the one I like least, it's "I've
>Had Enough," because I don't like the strident dialog.  The refrain saves
>it, though.  :)

Awe shit, you busted me.  I whizzed through your post, reading but looking
for "weak link", and didn't see it.
Had Enough, huh?
Love that song.  :-)
What's interesting about this thread, is that everyone agrees that this is
an impossibly difficult and almost blasphemous assignment, yet everyone has
a different selection for "weak link".  I'm sure it has to do with personal
experience, etc.
I tend to love a song (has to be good to start with) that I heard for the
first time during some very eventful gathering, or something like that.

>>But Scott, And I Moved?
>
>Beautiful song.  Wasn't it Bette's manager who nixed it?  Said it was too
>smutty for her.

I listened again.  Nope, does nothing for me.  In fact, it's about as close
to Disco as I've ever heard Pete.  The ascending and descending piano lines
annoy me a bit.
Too smutty for Bette?  The bitch.
I see this song as being a main contributor to the whole "Pete is Gay" mess
that my best friends (those that know me well enough to tease me) keep
bombarding me with.

>Not terribly respectful of the First Lady, is it?  Do you suppose he's
>setting an example for his staff?  But I bet $10 she didn't notice.  She's
>not even as smart as he is.  Got caught smuggling gold while he was the
gov.
>Stupid, stupid.  Watch the treasury, everbody!  It'll be empty when they
>get out of office.
>keets

My, Keets!  I've never seen you this political!  It's quite attractive! ;-)

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: John Entwistle Band 2001 tour
>
>Man, the OX can't stop!  Maybe he wants to stay limber for that
>big tour The WHO do in 2002 to support their new album.
>
>Right?
>- - SCHRADE in Akron

(GAAAAASSSSSSPPPPP!!!)  Is that optimism I hear from our good friend
Schrade!!!!!!!
Say it ain't so!!!!!!
Welcome aboard the optimism express.
Non-stop service to ground breaking new album from The Who, with connections
to a new tour and world-wide acclaim.
Ultimate destination of #1 FUCKING Rock Band in the World, now, *and* then!

Well, I got to get running now.
Keep my lip buttoned down.
Carry this (bloody) baggage *OUT*!
Always running at someone's heel.
You know how I feel,
always running at someone's heeeeeeeEEEEl.

Stay in Tune,
Kevin in VT
(still doing penance)