Subject: "Love, Reign O'er Me"

> Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:33:37 -0500
> From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
> Subject: "Love, Reign O'er Me"
>
> > AND LOVE reign o'er me is an absolute
> > masterpiece

Exactly. Enough said.

.  >Another thing that
>bugs me is the finale.  I like Pete's string screech but that whole "let's set up abunch of shit in the studio & let Moon knock it >all over" scheme didn't reallywork.

I find that a weird way to discredit what to me is one of the greatest, most underated songs in all of rock.  The crashing
sound at the end?    This song has to have one of the most climatic powerful endings to it,  I personally couldn't let the
cymbals crashing discredit it in any way.

I have seen prior debates saying that "I've Had Enough" should have ended this album, but I feel the entire album is summed
up with LROM

For all the pain and confusion Jimmy is going through, he finally realizes that the image of "mod or rocker" isn't important
as being in love. Thus we are left with a glimps of some hope when graduating from adolescent to adult, instead of the
image of jumping off a cliff to end it all.  I don't think TOwnshend believed that "mod and rocker" was supposed to be
the end all of a young dudes life, and was saying it's ridiculous to worry over all that, and to move on and meet a love and
try to be happy.

Any opinons?