Re: QUAD

Scott,

i love every song on quad..there are songs on every album which i would dump
except quad and tommy...there isnt a weak song on either tommy or quad. i
love is it in my head and sea and sand the way roger and pete trade off on
vocals...i'm one is great on electric guitar, they way they played it in
the
70s....quad is the best album the who ever did and one of my favs., right
up
there with who by numbers. AND LOVE reign o'er me is an absolute
masterpiece(see the shea stadium show from oct 13 82 on the 30 yrs of max.
r&b video)

scott

Couldn't have said it better myself...Tommy and QUAD were a part of my daily
diet of music in the 70's and there is not a weak tune on either.  Had VH-1
asked me when compiling their top 100, QUAD is the #1 album of all
time...what separates it, for me, from the other Who records (including
Tommy) is the subject matter of adolescent angst.  We've all "been there,
done that" and can relate to the songs so well...plus I feel that QUAD
captures the raw energy of the Who very well.  I know that many have
expressed disappointment with the mix of QUAD, but I've always felt that the
songs were very "straight forward", meaning that there was little
manipulation of the song in the editing studio--this was the way the boys
sounded "live" when they played the songs.  Certainly, the more recently
released versions (especially the Japanese version...thanks for the tip Fang)
help to bring the songs even more to life.  The 96/97 QUAD tours were a
musical fantasy come true for me.  I have a framed QUAD hanging in my office
(courtesy of the R&RHOF and Realalbumart.com) which draws plenty of
compliments and serves as an opportunity to land another QUAD "convert".

Bruce in Naples