new Who DVD

got this from
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/news/news.asp?Section=2
(link updates so you may have to click on "previous" to see it)
its in the news for Region 1 which suggests a US release - no mention of a
UK one...perhaps it'll be region free though

Who are you? posted at 19:42
Image Entertainment have acquired the rights to the The Who's recent
all-star charity concert, held at London's Royal Albert Hall on 27th
November 2000. The studio plan to release a DVD containing the gig sometime
this Spring.

The three-and-a-half hour concert featured a two-hour performance by The
Who, who were then joined on stage by a powerhouse lineup of special guests
performing songs of The Who. Stand-out moments included performances with
Bryan Adams (Behind Blue Eyes); violin virtuoso Kennedy (Baba O'Riley);
Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder (I'm One, Getting In Tune and Let's See Action);
Oasis' Noel Gallagher (Won't Get Fooled Again); Style Council's Paul Weller
(So Sad About Us with Pete Townshend); Stereophonic's Kelly Jones
(Substitute); and a finale of My Generation, See Me Feel Me/Listening To You
performed by The Who with Eddie Vedder, Bryan Adams and teenagers
representing the Teenage Cancer Trust.

Speaking on behalf of The Who, Pete Townshend said, "The event was a smash.
I had a lot of fun and Roger sang better than I'd heard him in years. His
obvious delight in the whole thing was very moving indeed. All the guests
were terrific. I hear the reviews have been enthusiastic for all concerned.
I had a great time."

We'll bring you full specifications as soon as they're available.

entered by Chris Cox