Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #16

>Psychodelic bands were always experimenting with frequency alterations, pan
>effects, electrically-generated sounds, while progressive bands tended to
>experiment with richer forms of composing.

The Who definitely falls into the "progressive" category under this
definition.  Do you have some examples of psychodelic (psychedelic?) bands?
Is that the same as "acid" rock?

BTW, I'd think the Moody Blues fell into this category as well as being
somewhat progressive.  I don't think they're simply a pop band.  Anybody
listen to IN SEARCH OF THE LOST CHORD?  They're working at that same "One
Note" theory that Pete is in LIFEHOUSE.

keets