Re: QUAD's Weakest Track

At 09:22 16-1-01 +0000, you wrote:
>definitely one of the instrumentals..
>after being in hyde park for the premiere ,Dirty Jobs sounded like a new
>song to me and ever since its been a favorite...just think it sounds so
>damn good...
>maybe the Quadrophenia piece is weak - i tend to skip from Real Me to Cut
>My Hair...
>of course by "weak" I mean "weak in comparison..."

I see "Quadrophenia" and "The Rock" as an instrumental whole of
"Quadrophenia". IMO great ones... IMO the weakest track is "Is It In My
Head"  (too repeative for me).
Dirty Jobs is one of my fav's (about hating your job, not doin' it anymore,
not taking the sh*t anymore; a hot topic nowadays). My favourite part is:
"My karma tells me, you've been screwed again, if you let them do it to
you, you've got yourself blaim! It's you who feels the pain... It's you who
takes the shame...". The violins on that track are great.

So if I would be at a QUAD concert and I had to go to the toilet; I'd go
during "Is It In My Head" (but I'd still run like hell). If it would be
during a set like they did on the last tour, I probably would've gone
during the synth solo of Baba (and still run like hell).

For me, Quad has gotten very strong lyrics. IMO it tops Tommy (I don't play
it that often, just went to look for it and I can't find it, don't you hate
that? I got like 300+ WHO CD's and I just can't stand it when I can't find
one of them! GRRR!). :-) "They call me the seeker..." I have the urge just
to buy it again, only now the MCA version... :-)

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"You're all fucking stupid!"