Re: Schrade's "Logic"

At 14:22 14-1-01 -0500, you wrote:
> >>  However, jumping on a pseudo-punk-rock bandwagon 20 years after the
> >>  fact isn't really 'punk,' is it?  Nothing's changed.  You got fooled
> again.
>
> > IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN
> > a.MAKE ANY SENSE OF SCHRADE'S RESPONSE,
> > b.SPLAIN IT TO THE REST OF US?
>
>News note:  Punk is dead!  After initially embracing it, the large monster
>that is called 'Rock & Roll' swallowed it up &, a few years later, shit it
>out.
>
>You seem to equate today's piercings, hair color, & youthful anarchy with
>Punk.  That's wrong.  Today's idiots with piercings & dyed hair are the same
>idiots who would've despised the punks back in 1977.  Really, they're jocks.
>Big, dumb, stupid, bandwagon-jumping jocks.

Uuuuhhh... THANKS! :-)

>In 1977 it was a bit risky to pierce your nose or dye your hair.  Today, it
>isn't.  These kids today are the *majority.*  They're not original thinkers.

Ah... Indeed, it's not that risky to dye your hair nowadays (at least not
over here). I've had red, yellow and green (indeed, a traffic light).

>They're just along for the ride, until it comes time to start making house
>pay-
>ments.  Unfortunately, Punk only means something to a small minority of
>kids today.  Nothing has changed.

BTW; I'm not a punk, I'm a ROUGH BOY!

Anyway; I recall Roger saying The Who was the punk of the 60's. Punk is
kinda regarded as something revolutionary & shocking (which it was in the
70's). But wasn't the MOD/SKINHEAD and all that other CRAP supposed to be
revolutionary & shocking as well???  Meet the new boss, same as the old
boss... Nothing has changed. At least (some) bands ARE trying be
revolutionary (or joining in the "new revolution" that could be seen as...
a NEW revolution; not punk).

I think this is what "Won't Get Fooled Again" is all about.

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"You're all fucking stupid!"